Indoor Cost of Tribute brings tears to those in Rochester search of fallen, friends
Since it arrived at American Legion Post 7 on Eastern Ave., Thursday, hundreds of area residents have visited the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute, which includes a 100-foot double-sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall
Teri Whitter, a member of Post 7 Women's Auxiliary, said there has been a steady stream of visitors, and many took advantage of the quieter night-time hours.
Talbot said a few visitors became very emotional at the tribute, recalling a fellow post member who he's known for years, but didn't know he lost family — in this case an older cousin — in Vietnam.
Talbot, who's visited Washington several times, said he was compelled to pay his respects at the national monuments for veterans of the Korean War and World War II.
Talbot said students from area schools took part in a contest to answer questions and write an essay about the tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua's Harbor Homes grows, changes - 0
- Colebrook and Berlin to get VA clinics - 0
- Job fair in Laconia attracts veterans and 39 employers - 0
- Salem couple's effort to honor Doolittle Tokyo Raiders is gaining momentum - 0
- Footwear drive to help Liberty House - 0
- Whitefield event honors Vietnam vets - 0
- Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Londonderry - 0
- Post 27 events - 0
- NH soldiers share family bond — and Purple Hearts - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'