Indoor Cost of Tribute brings tears to those in Rochester search of fallen, friends
Since it arrived at American Legion Post 7 on Eastern Ave., Thursday, hundreds of area residents have visited the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute, which includes a 100-foot double-sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall
Teri Whitter, a member of Post 7 Women's Auxiliary, said there has been a steady stream of visitors, and many took advantage of the quieter night-time hours.
Talbot said a few visitors became very emotional at the tribute, recalling a fellow post member who he's known for years, but didn't know he lost family — in this case an older cousin — in Vietnam.
Talbot, who's visited Washington several times, said he was compelled to pay his respects at the national monuments for veterans of the Korean War and World War II.
Talbot said students from area schools took part in a contest to answer questions and write an essay about the tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief