Indoor Cost of Tribute brings tears to those in Rochester search of fallen, friends
Since it arrived at American Legion Post 7 on Eastern Ave., Thursday, hundreds of area residents have visited the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute, which includes a 100-foot double-sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall
Teri Whitter, a member of Post 7 Women's Auxiliary, said there has been a steady stream of visitors, and many took advantage of the quieter night-time hours.
Talbot said a few visitors became very emotional at the tribute, recalling a fellow post member who he's known for years, but didn't know he lost family — in this case an older cousin — in Vietnam.
Talbot, who's visited Washington several times, said he was compelled to pay his respects at the national monuments for veterans of the Korean War and World War II.
Talbot said students from area schools took part in a contest to answer questions and write an essay about the tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Britain's Prince William and wife, Kate, expecting second baby - 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 9
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.