Indoor Cost of Tribute brings tears to those in Rochester search of fallen, friends
Since it arrived at American Legion Post 7 on Eastern Ave., Thursday, hundreds of area residents have visited the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute, which includes a 100-foot double-sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall
Teri Whitter, a member of Post 7 Women's Auxiliary, said there has been a steady stream of visitors, and many took advantage of the quieter night-time hours.
Talbot said a few visitors became very emotional at the tribute, recalling a fellow post member who he's known for years, but didn't know he lost family — in this case an older cousin — in Vietnam.
Talbot, who's visited Washington several times, said he was compelled to pay his respects at the national monuments for veterans of the Korean War and World War II.
Talbot said students from area schools took part in a contest to answer questions and write an essay about the tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Footwear drive to help Liberty House - 0
- Whitefield event honors Vietnam vets - 0
- Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Londonderry - 0
- Post 27 events - 0
- NH soldiers share family bond — and Purple Hearts - 0
- Bill Luti: Situation in Ukraine stirs memories of events before World War II - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News Briefs - 0
- Legal affairs focus of April 4 session for NH veterans - 0
- Medals for father who served in Navy in both World Wars - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers