Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash
Cronin said she started a New Hampshire chapter of Women Against Prostate Cancer about a year ago. This year she and Kantor decided to become race directors and start the Stache Dash. The race begins at 10 a.m. at Arms Park with an after-party planned for Milly's Tavern.
I was so happy to get a letter from Marilyn Mons, who taught fourth grade when I attended Webster School in the 1980s. Mons attends the West Side's First Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Bath and Second streets, and invites readers to the church's annual German Supper on Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Get your tickets at the door, or contact Mons at 668-7899.
Happy October! Halloween decorations are popping up all over the city, and I am excited for another year of nighttime trick-or-treating in the city on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. If you are wondering when trick-or-treat times and town-sponsored Halloween events are planned in other towns and cities across the Granite State, visit NewHampshire.com. Site contributor Lisa Martineau may know this state better than anyone, and she is updating her extensive list almost daily.
There is free admission to the Currier Museum of Art for everyone this Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon as part of Family Saturday. The focus will be finding patterns in the galleries and the studio, with hands-on activities and a guided family gallery walk at 11:30 a.m.
You can find out more about Currier events and other wonderful things happening around our city at NH365.ORG.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax