Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash
Cronin said she started a New Hampshire chapter of Women Against Prostate Cancer about a year ago. This year she and Kantor decided to become race directors and start the Stache Dash. The race begins at 10 a.m. at Arms Park with an after-party planned for Milly's Tavern.
I was so happy to get a letter from Marilyn Mons, who taught fourth grade when I attended Webster School in the 1980s. Mons attends the West Side's First Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Bath and Second streets, and invites readers to the church's annual German Supper on Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Get your tickets at the door, or contact Mons at 668-7899.
Happy October! Halloween decorations are popping up all over the city, and I am excited for another year of nighttime trick-or-treating in the city on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. If you are wondering when trick-or-treat times and town-sponsored Halloween events are planned in other towns and cities across the Granite State, visit NewHampshire.com. Site contributor Lisa Martineau may know this state better than anyone, and she is updating her extensive list almost daily.
There is free admission to the Currier Museum of Art for everyone this Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon as part of Family Saturday. The focus will be finding patterns in the galleries and the studio, with hands-on activities and a guided family gallery walk at 11:30 a.m.
You can find out more about Currier events and other wonderful things happening around our city at NH365.ORG.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 8
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 13
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms