Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash
Cronin said she started a New Hampshire chapter of Women Against Prostate Cancer about a year ago. This year she and Kantor decided to become race directors and start the Stache Dash. The race begins at 10 a.m. at Arms Park with an after-party planned for Milly's Tavern.
I was so happy to get a letter from Marilyn Mons, who taught fourth grade when I attended Webster School in the 1980s. Mons attends the West Side's First Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Bath and Second streets, and invites readers to the church's annual German Supper on Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Get your tickets at the door, or contact Mons at 668-7899.
Happy October! Halloween decorations are popping up all over the city, and I am excited for another year of nighttime trick-or-treating in the city on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. If you are wondering when trick-or-treat times and town-sponsored Halloween events are planned in other towns and cities across the Granite State, visit NewHampshire.com. Site contributor Lisa Martineau may know this state better than anyone, and she is updating her extensive list almost daily.
There is free admission to the Currier Museum of Art for everyone this Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon as part of Family Saturday. The focus will be finding patterns in the galleries and the studio, with hands-on activities and a guided family gallery walk at 11:30 a.m.
You can find out more about Currier events and other wonderful things happening around our city at NH365.ORG.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 18
- John Stossel: Celebs pose in opposition to system that made them rich - 7
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 2
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan