Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash
Cronin said she started a New Hampshire chapter of Women Against Prostate Cancer about a year ago. This year she and Kantor decided to become race directors and start the Stache Dash. The race begins at 10 a.m. at Arms Park with an after-party planned for Milly's Tavern.
I was so happy to get a letter from Marilyn Mons, who taught fourth grade when I attended Webster School in the 1980s. Mons attends the West Side's First Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Bath and Second streets, and invites readers to the church's annual German Supper on Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Get your tickets at the door, or contact Mons at 668-7899.
Happy October! Halloween decorations are popping up all over the city, and I am excited for another year of nighttime trick-or-treating in the city on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. If you are wondering when trick-or-treat times and town-sponsored Halloween events are planned in other towns and cities across the Granite State, visit NewHampshire.com. Site contributor Lisa Martineau may know this state better than anyone, and she is updating her extensive list almost daily.
There is free admission to the Currier Museum of Art for everyone this Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon as part of Family Saturday. The focus will be finding patterns in the galleries and the studio, with hands-on activities and a guided family gallery walk at 11:30 a.m.
You can find out more about Currier events and other wonderful things happening around our city at NH365.ORG.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 12
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long