Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash
Cronin said she started a New Hampshire chapter of Women Against Prostate Cancer about a year ago. This year she and Kantor decided to become race directors and start the Stache Dash. The race begins at 10 a.m. at Arms Park with an after-party planned for Milly's Tavern.
I was so happy to get a letter from Marilyn Mons, who taught fourth grade when I attended Webster School in the 1980s. Mons attends the West Side's First Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Bath and Second streets, and invites readers to the church's annual German Supper on Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Get your tickets at the door, or contact Mons at 668-7899.
Happy October! Halloween decorations are popping up all over the city, and I am excited for another year of nighttime trick-or-treating in the city on Thursday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m. If you are wondering when trick-or-treat times and town-sponsored Halloween events are planned in other towns and cities across the Granite State, visit NewHampshire.com. Site contributor Lisa Martineau may know this state better than anyone, and she is updating her extensive list almost daily.
There is free admission to the Currier Museum of Art for everyone this Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon as part of Family Saturday. The focus will be finding patterns in the galleries and the studio, with hands-on activities and a guided family gallery walk at 11:30 a.m.
You can find out more about Currier events and other wonderful things happening around our city at NH365.ORG.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Undefeated season for Pinkerton math team - 0
- Plaistow looks at driver education options - 0
- 3 finalists named for NHTI president - 0
- Dartmouth president calls for end of high-risk behavior - 3
- Hallsville School's Tower Clock will be restarted Friday - 0
- Granite State group proposes student-centered learning - 0
- Zakahi named provost, VP of academic affairs at Keene State - 0
- Pinkerton graduate, author returns to give academic advice to students - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing