Top performance nationally
Roger Brown's First and 10: 'Wade'-ing through records
Wade, a senior who played for Campbell of Litchfield last season, rushed for 556 yards and six touchdowns on 31 carries to help Central (3-2) stretch its winning streak to three games.
"I just wanted the win because a loss would have really hurt our playoff chances."
- - - - - - -
NASHUA SOUTH coach Scott Knight had to like what he saw from his team in Friday night's 28-6 victory over Exeter. South's defensive performance may be what he liked best.
It's the first time Exeter failed to score a TD in a game since a 42-0 loss to Bishop Guertin in 2009.
"Our defense played a great game," Trevor Knight said. "They really kept us in it. They kept our hopes up. After we put two touchdowns in our momentum was real good."
"We've haven't had problems scoring this year, so (playing good defense) is a sign of a team that's maturing," Scott Knight said. "We needed defense in the first half until we got our act together. They kept us in it. They kept their foot on the gas on D, which I'm real happy with.
- - - - - - - -
SALEM ended a 13-game losing streak by beating Manchester West 50-6 Friday. Quarterback John Cerretani tossed three touchdown passes to Jake Poore in the victory (38, 39 and 31 yards). Salem (1-4) scored 36 points in the second quarter and led 44-6 at halftime.
Roger Brown covers high school football for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @603sportsmedia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH and Dartmouth set to renew football rivalry - 0
- NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Turner starts fast for Quinnipiac women skaters - 0
- NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown - 0
- NH College Notebook: St. Anselm, SNHU to battle in nationally televised game - 0
- NH College Notebook: Milford's Andrews collects ACC award - 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH swim team raises funds to help boy battle cancer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans