Top performance nationally
Roger Brown's First and 10: 'Wade'-ing through records
Wade, a senior who played for Campbell of Litchfield last season, rushed for 556 yards and six touchdowns on 31 carries to help Central (3-2) stretch its winning streak to three games.
"I just wanted the win because a loss would have really hurt our playoff chances."
- - - - - - -
NASHUA SOUTH coach Scott Knight had to like what he saw from his team in Friday night's 28-6 victory over Exeter. South's defensive performance may be what he liked best.
It's the first time Exeter failed to score a TD in a game since a 42-0 loss to Bishop Guertin in 2009.
"Our defense played a great game," Trevor Knight said. "They really kept us in it. They kept our hopes up. After we put two touchdowns in our momentum was real good."
"We've haven't had problems scoring this year, so (playing good defense) is a sign of a team that's maturing," Scott Knight said. "We needed defense in the first half until we got our act together. They kept us in it. They kept their foot on the gas on D, which I'm real happy with.
- - - - - - - -
SALEM ended a 13-game losing streak by beating Manchester West 50-6 Friday. Quarterback John Cerretani tossed three touchdown passes to Jake Poore in the victory (38, 39 and 31 yards). Salem (1-4) scored 36 points in the second quarter and led 44-6 at halftime.
Roger Brown covers high school football for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. He can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @603sportsmedia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize