Top performance nationally
Roger Brown's First and 10: 'Wade'-ing through records
Wade, a senior who played for Campbell of Litchfield last season, rushed for 556 yards and six touchdowns on 31 carries to help Central (3-2) stretch its winning streak to three games.
"I just wanted the win because a loss would have really hurt our playoff chances."
- - - - - - -
NASHUA SOUTH coach Scott Knight had to like what he saw from his team in Friday night's 28-6 victory over Exeter. South's defensive performance may be what he liked best.
It's the first time Exeter failed to score a TD in a game since a 42-0 loss to Bishop Guertin in 2009.
"Our defense played a great game," Trevor Knight said. "They really kept us in it. They kept our hopes up. After we put two touchdowns in our momentum was real good."
"We've haven't had problems scoring this year, so (playing good defense) is a sign of a team that's maturing," Scott Knight said. "We needed defense in the first half until we got our act together. They kept us in it. They kept their foot on the gas on D, which I'm real happy with.
- - - - - - - -
SALEM ended a 13-game losing streak by beating Manchester West 50-6 Friday. Quarterback John Cerretani tossed three touchdown passes to Jake Poore in the victory (38, 39 and 31 yards). Salem (1-4) scored 36 points in the second quarter and led 44-6 at halftime.
Roger Brown covers high school football for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @603sportsmedia.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch