Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented
Kyle Busch simply crashed — at a track that continues to bedevil him.
And with a bizarre power failure in the last two laps, Jimmie Johnson failed to cash in decisively on Matt Kenseth’s skittishness with the new tire combination Goodyear brought to Sunday’s Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway.
The victory was Harvick’s third of the season, his first at Kansas and the 22nd of his career. With the win, Harvick moved into third place in the standings, 25 points behind Kenseth. Kyle Busch, who entered the race third in the Chase and 12 points behind Kenseth, scored his third straight DNF at Kansas after crashing out in 34th place and dropping to fifth in points, 35 out of the lead.
The race featured a record 15 cautions for a record 71 caution laps. One of the yellow-flag periods came on Lap 155, when a roaring grass fire on the bank in Turn 1 shrouded the racing surface with smoke.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice