Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: No offense: Pats can’t win like that
The Patriots finally started executing in the fourth quarter, when they moved the ball more than half the field. But even then, that was more a couple big plays than it was sustained execution. And it fizzled out before it really became what the Patriots needed.
“We had plenty of opportunity and chances in the red area to get in. It was just a poor performance all around,” Brady said after finishing 18-for-38, and seeing his 52-game touchdown streak come to an end. He didn’t absolve himself from blame after completing less than 50 percent of his passes for the second time this season. That matches the number of times he’d done that in the regular season since December 2007.
It’ll be important that he does, considering the unbeaten Saints are headed for Foxborough with the game’s best offense outside of Denver. As well as the Patriots defense has played, and that continued in Cincy, that’ll be an extremely difficult game for New England to win without scoring 20 points. More likely, they’ll need 30.
Dave D’Onofrio covers the Patriots for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list