Home » Opinion » Editorials
AG not helping police: Refusal to inform harms everyone
A state police trooper shoots and kills an unlicensed motorist in the middle of a Manchester neighborhood, and Foster's office repeatedly refuses to identify the officer or inform the public as to his work status.
Two Weare police officers shoot and kill a fleeing suspect in a drug sting operation. Foster's office continues to refuse to identify the officers. The shooting occurred on Aug. 14.
When its top law agency, rather than being open and forthcoming with the people it claims to serve, declines to promptly answer the basic questions in very serious incidents, it promotes doubt, suspicion and distrust. That does a disservice to law enforcement and to the public.
That's a strange twist for those whose motto is to protect and serve.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maine environmental groups clash over wind power - 0
- 2008 ice storm left thousands powerless, changed the way NH prepares - 1
- Council considers attorney to serve on PUC - 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan