Home » Opinion » Editorials
AG not helping police: Refusal to inform harms everyone
A state police trooper shoots and kills an unlicensed motorist in the middle of a Manchester neighborhood, and Foster's office repeatedly refuses to identify the officer or inform the public as to his work status.
Two Weare police officers shoot and kill a fleeing suspect in a drug sting operation. Foster's office continues to refuse to identify the officers. The shooting occurred on Aug. 14.
When its top law agency, rather than being open and forthcoming with the people it claims to serve, declines to promptly answer the basic questions in very serious incidents, it promotes doubt, suspicion and distrust. That does a disservice to law enforcement and to the public.
That's a strange twist for those whose motto is to protect and serve.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council