Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man dies in Atkinson motorcycle crash
State Police say a motorcycle driven by John Shivelhood, 51, of Salem, was traveling north when it swerved off the road and crashed between Maple and Sawyer avenues. The accident was less than a mile from Atkinson's border with Plaistow and the Massachusetts state line..
Shivelhood was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger, Donna McMahon-Marcotte, 57, was seriously hurt and was taken to Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston for treatment.
Due to the crash, police restricted freedom of travel along a half-mile stretch of Main Street in Atkinson, between Sawyer and Maple avenues, for about five hours after the crash.
Police have asked that anyone with information about the crash contact Trooper Matthew Locke at (603)223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw