Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man dies in Atkinson motorcycle crash
State Police say a motorcycle driven by John Shivelhood, 51, of Salem, was traveling north when it swerved off the road and crashed between Maple and Sawyer avenues. The accident was less than a mile from Atkinson's border with Plaistow and the Massachusetts state line..
Shivelhood was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger, Donna McMahon-Marcotte, 57, was seriously hurt and was taken to Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston for treatment.
Due to the crash, police restricted freedom of travel along a half-mile stretch of Main Street in Atkinson, between Sawyer and Maple avenues, for about five hours after the crash.
Police have asked that anyone with information about the crash contact Trooper Matthew Locke at (603)223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- Harvard clears all buildings after report of explosives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million rotary near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072