Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man dies in Atkinson motorcycle crash
State Police say a motorcycle driven by John Shivelhood, 51, of Salem, was traveling north when it swerved off the road and crashed between Maple and Sawyer avenues. The accident was less than a mile from Atkinson's border with Plaistow and the Massachusetts state line..
Shivelhood was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger, Donna McMahon-Marcotte, 57, was seriously hurt and was taken to Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston for treatment.
Due to the crash, police restricted freedom of travel along a half-mile stretch of Main Street in Atkinson, between Sawyer and Maple avenues, for about five hours after the crash.
Police have asked that anyone with information about the crash contact Trooper Matthew Locke at (603)223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072