Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man dies in Atkinson motorcycle crash
State Police say a motorcycle driven by John Shivelhood, 51, of Salem, was traveling north when it swerved off the road and crashed between Maple and Sawyer avenues. The accident was less than a mile from Atkinson's border with Plaistow and the Massachusetts state line..
Shivelhood was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger, Donna McMahon-Marcotte, 57, was seriously hurt and was taken to Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston for treatment.
Due to the crash, police restricted freedom of travel along a half-mile stretch of Main Street in Atkinson, between Sawyer and Maple avenues, for about five hours after the crash.
Police have asked that anyone with information about the crash contact Trooper Matthew Locke at (603)223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.