Golf course's suit targets Northern Pass accord
"If there are legitimate legal issues that deserve consideration, the court is the proper forum for that discussion, not the newspaper. We believe, however, that the 2007 Easement Deed provides PSNH with clear legal rights, and we will respond to the issues in the legal proceeding," Skelton said in an email.
"We have not sold a single property.... We can't survive without selling real estate," Mullen said.
Mullen, Lankau and Owl Street Associates LLC filed a civil suit Tuesday in Grafton County Superior Court in North Haverhill against PSNH, Northern Pass Transmission and Northeast Utilities. The suit asks the court to grant an injunction to stop the utilities from making claims over the property and settle "once and for all that they are claiming rights they do not have," said Hopkinton attorney Arthur B. Cunningham.
In 2010, Owl's Nest Resort & Golf Club was appraised at $23 million and employed about 70 people, Mullen said.
"I'm hearing appraisal numbers now of $2 million to $3 million," he said. The resort is "way behind" on its mortgage and faces foreclosure. It owes about $380,000 in property taxes, and only about 30 people work there.
"If something doesn't happen pretty quickly, we are going to bite the dust here because we can't keep the place open," Mullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
- New Hampshire motorists decry hike in fuel tax - 26
- UPDATED: Power restored after 2,000 customers go without in Manchester's downtown - 0
- Company behind Groton wind plant promotes emergency plan - 0
- Citizens protest Hollis pipeline as town awaits project details - 1
- Spanish explosives distributor to lease Alexandria land to wind farm developer - 2
- Boost for Northern Pass partners? - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?