NHIAA Football Roundup: It's all Bedford against Goffstown; Campbell rolls
Goffstown's Samual Shearin, is brought down by Bedford's Nathaniel Jaeger, right, with Colin Cashin, running in to help, on Saturday, in Bedford. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
NHIAA Football ScoresFRIDAY
Bishop Guertin 21, Alvirne 14
Concord 43, Londonderry 7
Pinkerton 61, Man. Memorial 21
Man. Central 56, Merrimack 35
Nashua South 28, Exeter 6
Spaulding 42, Winnacunnet 29
Keene 29, Timberlane 7
Salem 50, Manchester West 6
Trinity 36, Kearsarge 6
Kennett 30, Hanover 8
Portsmouth 41, Kingswood 7 Monadnock 66, Laconia 37
Merr. Valley 21, Pembroke 6
Souhegan 35, John Stark 0
Pelham 42, Winnisquam 0
Newport 42, Raymond 20
Somersworth 39, Epp-Newm 7
Bedford 50, Goffstown 0
Dover 27, Nashua North 21
Plymouth at Lebanon
Windham 27, Milford 23
Sanborn 45, Con-Val 0
St. Thomas 14, Hollis/Brookline 0
Gilford 33, Farmington-Nute 13 Campbell 43, Franklin 8
Stevens 42, Mascoma Valley 22
I-L-M'ltonboro 20, Fall Mtn. 0
Grizzlies coach Justin Hufft had a tall order facing one of the most dominant teams on both sides of the ball in Division I.
The Bulldogs started off sluggish. A 6-yard touchdown run by Nick Vailas was negated by a holding penalty. The ensuing field goal try was blocked.
A failed extra point made it 6-0 at the end of the first. Two possessions later, Colella hit Nick Vailas for a 12-yard touchdown. A two-point conversion made it 14-0.
After a Goffstown three-and-out, Bedford marched 55 yards in eight plays for a 28-0 lead. Quarterback Dan Colella scored on a 1-yard sneak.
In the second half, Bedford added touchdowns by Aaron Palys and Colin Cashin. Connor Harrison forced a fumble that resulted in a safety to make the final score 50-0.
Bedford's Dan Colella went 9 of 15 for 140 yards passing with one touchdown throwing and two running.
Five different receivers have touchdown catches for Campbell (3-1) this season. Franklin fell to 0-5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event