Monarchs open season with shootout loss
Broc Little beat Manchester goalie Martin Jones with a high backhander in the fourth round of the shootout and Falcons goalie Jeremy Smith was perfect, stopping all five Manchester shooters to earn the win. The Falcons had a goal waved off in OT when it was ruled that Jones had tied the puck up prior to it being knocked into the net.
Darryl Boyce tied the game for Springfield at 8:23, leaving the game knotted at 1-1 after one.
The Monarchs will play the Portland Pirates in Lewiston, Maine, on Wednesday in a game that was moved from a February date.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 43
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'