Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Boston in command
Indeed, it has been a characteristic of Farrell's club all season, regularly showing up in the way the Sox have prepared themselves for series (they won 33 of those), for games (they won 97 of those), for every pitch (they finished with Boston's lowest earned run average in 11 years), and for every plate appearance (they scored the most runs in baseball). Throughout the year they've thrived by collecting information, applying it to their approach, and then executing.
Price is never easy to hit, as the Red Sox could attest to after the reigning Cy Young Award winner registered a 2.48 ERA against them over five starts during the regular season. But Price is even more difficult to reach when he's able to pitch with the count in his favor.
And it's an especially good night when it puts you in position to put away this series in Tampa. After the Sox won Game 1, the talk was about how the Sox had done what they had to do in order to ensure a split of the first two games. Many had assumed that with Price opposed by John Lackey, the Rays were well positioned to even the series Saturday.
Dave D'Onofrio covers the Red Sox for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options