Charles Krauthammer: Who locked Johnny out of Yellowstone?
President Obama indignantly insists that GOP attempts to abolish or amend Obamacare are unseemly because it is "settled" law, having passed both houses of Congress, obtained his signature and passed muster with the Supreme Court.
The reason is obvious: to prolong the pain and thus add to the political advantage gained from a shutdown blamed on the GOP. They are confident the media will do a "GOP makes little Johnny weep at the closed gates of Yellowstone, film at 11" despite Republicans having just offered legislation to open them.
The most ubiquitous conventional wisdom is that the ultimate cause of these troubles is out-of-control Tea Party anarchists.
But is this really where the causal chain ends? The Tea Party was created by Obama's first-term overreach, most specifically Obamacare. This frantic fight against it today is the fruits of the way it was originally enacted.
Charles Krauthammer is a columnist with The Washington Post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 2
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox's Holt has All-Star history