Charles Krauthammer: Who locked Johnny out of Yellowstone?
President Obama indignantly insists that GOP attempts to abolish or amend Obamacare are unseemly because it is "settled" law, having passed both houses of Congress, obtained his signature and passed muster with the Supreme Court.
The reason is obvious: to prolong the pain and thus add to the political advantage gained from a shutdown blamed on the GOP. They are confident the media will do a "GOP makes little Johnny weep at the closed gates of Yellowstone, film at 11" despite Republicans having just offered legislation to open them.
The most ubiquitous conventional wisdom is that the ultimate cause of these troubles is out-of-control Tea Party anarchists.
But is this really where the causal chain ends? The Tea Party was created by Obama's first-term overreach, most specifically Obamacare. This frantic fight against it today is the fruits of the way it was originally enacted.
Charles Krauthammer is a columnist with The Washington Post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: I'm with Washington Post on school choice - 0
- Thomas Sowell : Where liberalism creates $1.5 million starter homes - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why we sued to overturn NH's education tax credit - 5
- David Harsanyi: No, the right doesn’t want you to get sick and die - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama’s lame sock hop with Putin - 2
- Your Turn, NH -- Suraj K. Budathoki: I am at last happy, for I am at last an American - 1
- Deroy Murdock: How red tape slows one life-saving drug's path to market - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The zealots win again - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing