Charles Krauthammer: Who locked Johnny out of Yellowstone?
President Obama indignantly insists that GOP attempts to abolish or amend Obamacare are unseemly because it is "settled" law, having passed both houses of Congress, obtained his signature and passed muster with the Supreme Court.
The reason is obvious: to prolong the pain and thus add to the political advantage gained from a shutdown blamed on the GOP. They are confident the media will do a "GOP makes little Johnny weep at the closed gates of Yellowstone, film at 11" despite Republicans having just offered legislation to open them.
The most ubiquitous conventional wisdom is that the ultimate cause of these troubles is out-of-control Tea Party anarchists.
But is this really where the causal chain ends? The Tea Party was created by Obama's first-term overreach, most specifically Obamacare. This frantic fight against it today is the fruits of the way it was originally enacted.
Charles Krauthammer is a columnist with The Washington Post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law