Charles Krauthammer: Who locked Johnny out of Yellowstone?
President Obama indignantly insists that GOP attempts to abolish or amend Obamacare are unseemly because it is "settled" law, having passed both houses of Congress, obtained his signature and passed muster with the Supreme Court.
The reason is obvious: to prolong the pain and thus add to the political advantage gained from a shutdown blamed on the GOP. They are confident the media will do a "GOP makes little Johnny weep at the closed gates of Yellowstone, film at 11" despite Republicans having just offered legislation to open them.
The most ubiquitous conventional wisdom is that the ultimate cause of these troubles is out-of-control Tea Party anarchists.
But is this really where the causal chain ends? The Tea Party was created by Obama's first-term overreach, most specifically Obamacare. This frantic fight against it today is the fruits of the way it was originally enacted.
Charles Krauthammer is a columnist with The Washington Post.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. trying to secure cease-fire between Israel, Hamas - 0
- Domino's becomes battleground in Hamas cyber onslaught - 0
- Israel says ground offensive under way in Gaza - 0
- U.S. says Malaysian airliner was 'blown out of the sky' - 0
- NH National Guard to conduct annual training in Michigan over three weeks - 0
- Thousands come out in Boscawen to honor Garabrant's sacrifice - 1
- Thousands attend funeral service for Marine in Peterborough - 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket