Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Manchester woman faces drug charges in Mass.
According to a police press release, a trooper stopped a 2012 Infiniti M37, driven by Carlos Alberto Richards, 34, of Boston, near the Massachusetts Turnpike toll plaza shortly before 1 a.m.
Police said his passenger, Sandra Ovalles, 32, of Manchester, turned over a small bag of marijuana when the trooper asked if there were drugs in the vehicle.
A state police dog was brought to the scene and discovered a hidden compartment containing a large plastic bag of what appeared to be about a kilogram of cocaine, police said.
Both Richards and Ovalles were taken to the state police barracks in Sturbridge and charged with trafficking in a Class B substance; possession with intent to distribute; conspiracy to violate the drug laws; and possession of marijuana.
Ovalles was released on bail and Richards was held on $25,000 bail. Both are set to appear in Dudley District Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 0
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917