Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman faces drug charges in Mass.
According to a police press release, a trooper stopped a 2012 Infiniti M37, driven by Carlos Alberto Richards, 34, of Boston, near the Massachusetts Turnpike toll plaza shortly before 1 a.m.
Police said his passenger, Sandra Ovalles, 32, of Manchester, turned over a small bag of marijuana when the trooper asked if there were drugs in the vehicle.
A state police dog was brought to the scene and discovered a hidden compartment containing a large plastic bag of what appeared to be about a kilogram of cocaine, police said.
Both Richards and Ovalles were taken to the state police barracks in Sturbridge and charged with trafficking in a Class B substance; possession with intent to distribute; conspiracy to violate the drug laws; and possession of marijuana.
Ovalles was released on bail and Richards was held on $25,000 bail. Both are set to appear in Dudley District Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth