Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH field hockey falls to No. 9 Boston College
RIT 3, UNH 2: At Durham, Nicole Gifford and Heather Kashman scored a goal each Friday night, but the University of New Hampshire women's hockey (1-2-0) team fell to the Rochester Institute of Technology, 3-2, in the home opener. RIT led 2-0 before notching a goal with 2:56 remaining in the first period on a Gifford blast. Kashman tied the game in the second, but RIT got the game-winner with 8:21 remaining in regulation.
Dartmouth: The Big Green had a strong showing on day one of the Ivy Challenge hosted by Yale on Friday, picking up nine wins in 12 matches. The Big Green went 5-3 in singles play and a perfect 4-0 in doubles.
Dartmouth: Dovydas Sakinas and Brandon DeBot picked up wins for the Big Green while Blake Niehaus fell in singles play on the first day of the Columbia Classic.
In singles action, Sakinas topped Dalen Klassen of Marist in straight sets in the opening match of A Flight. In B Flight, DeBot fell in two sets to Marist's Joe Dube. In C Flight, Frederico Ruis of St. John's defeated Dartmouth's Niehaus in straight sets.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weal powers Monarchs past Phantoms - 0
- Gale lifts Monarchs to 3-1 win - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'