Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack barn destroyed in morning fire
The two-alarm fire broke out around 6 a.m. at 106 Wire Rd. One of the occupants of the residence noticed that the barn was on fire and informed his father, who quickly retrieved a hose to try and contain the blaze, said fire officials.
A large recreational vehicle that was housed inside of the barn was completely totalled, according to Fire Chief Michael Currier, who said the fire likely originated in the rear of the RV.
A second RV was removed from the area before the fire spread, but firefighters still had to deal with several propane cylinders housed inside of the burning barn.
"We were concerned with the home on the property and a neighboring house," said Currier. Both of those residences were evacuated as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is yet undetermined, but Currier said it does not appear suspicious. It took firefighters about 40 minutes to knock down the blaze.
Firefighters from Nashua, Manchester, Bedford, Amherst and Hollis assisted at the scene, while crews from Milford and Londonderry provided station coverage.
A portion of Wire Road was closed during fire. There were no injuries, according to Currier.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four