Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack barn destroyed in morning fire
The two-alarm fire broke out around 6 a.m. at 106 Wire Rd. One of the occupants of the residence noticed that the barn was on fire and informed his father, who quickly retrieved a hose to try and contain the blaze, said fire officials.
A large recreational vehicle that was housed inside of the barn was completely totalled, according to Fire Chief Michael Currier, who said the fire likely originated in the rear of the RV.
A second RV was removed from the area before the fire spread, but firefighters still had to deal with several propane cylinders housed inside of the burning barn.
"We were concerned with the home on the property and a neighboring house," said Currier. Both of those residences were evacuated as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is yet undetermined, but Currier said it does not appear suspicious. It took firefighters about 40 minutes to knock down the blaze.
Firefighters from Nashua, Manchester, Bedford, Amherst and Hollis assisted at the scene, while crews from Milford and Londonderry provided station coverage.
A portion of Wire Road was closed during fire. There were no injuries, according to Currier.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads