Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack barn destroyed in morning fire
The two-alarm fire broke out around 6 a.m. at 106 Wire Rd. One of the occupants of the residence noticed that the barn was on fire and informed his father, who quickly retrieved a hose to try and contain the blaze, said fire officials.
A large recreational vehicle that was housed inside of the barn was completely totalled, according to Fire Chief Michael Currier, who said the fire likely originated in the rear of the RV.
A second RV was removed from the area before the fire spread, but firefighters still had to deal with several propane cylinders housed inside of the burning barn.
"We were concerned with the home on the property and a neighboring house," said Currier. Both of those residences were evacuated as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is yet undetermined, but Currier said it does not appear suspicious. It took firefighters about 40 minutes to knock down the blaze.
Firefighters from Nashua, Manchester, Bedford, Amherst and Hollis assisted at the scene, while crews from Milford and Londonderry provided station coverage.
A portion of Wire Road was closed during fire. There were no injuries, according to Currier.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 3
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate