NH Marine, 80, to receive overdue medals
Edward Caron, a Manchester native who is described by his daughter Deborah Caron as a proud Marine, has spent most of his life in New Hampshire, where he raised five children with his wife of 55 years, Pauline, while working as a long-distance truck driver.
Deborah Caron said her father — who grew up on a farm in Manchester and now has five children, 16 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren — has been reticent to discuss his service during the war.
"Then we got a phone call saying that he was entitled to between 15 and 18 medals," Deborah said.
Ayotte spokesperson Liz Johnson said Ayotte will present Caron with his medals sometime in the next few weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 7
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 35
- Hey, bear: That ain't Fozzie - 0
- Obama's debt: His real legacy is coming - 12
- Paying for Medicaid: How will NH do it? - 42
- Into the woods: With knowledge and tools - 3
- Derry's brand: It is not 'Space Town USA' - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's