NH Marine, 80, to receive overdue medals
Edward Caron, a Manchester native who is described by his daughter Deborah Caron as a proud Marine, has spent most of his life in New Hampshire, where he raised five children with his wife of 55 years, Pauline, while working as a long-distance truck driver.
Deborah Caron said her father — who grew up on a farm in Manchester and now has five children, 16 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren — has been reticent to discuss his service during the war.
"Then we got a phone call saying that he was entitled to between 15 and 18 medals," Deborah said.
Ayotte spokesperson Liz Johnson said Ayotte will present Caron with his medals sometime in the next few weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 19
- The U.S. is a beacon still - 5
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 9
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 13
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gubernatorial candidate Hemingway proposes NH tax system fix - 0
- Hanover co-op to meet on fired workers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Your turn, NH -- Kate Pemberton: What a First Lady taught me about being a woman - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Motivation Matters: Get rid of deficiency, not employee - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors need to have lots of intuition, instincts, creativity - 0
- Bedford man creates insurance rating system - 0
- No compromise: We win, you lose - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire
Bedford man creates insurance rating system
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
No compromise: We win, you lose