In Rochester, an indoor tribute to veterans
Members of American Legion Post 7 plan to host the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute — which includes a 100-foot, double sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall – through Sunday inside their hall at 94 Eastern Ave.
The tribute – which is free and will open to the public throughout the day and night – also includes a display of gold "dog tags" depicting casualties since the Vietnam War, memorials for Sept. 11, 2001, and Fort Hood, information and photos about the Korean War, tributes for police and firefighters, artwork and documents.
"They may be more apt to relate to the names (on the memorials)," Talbot said, adding this presentation, which is meant to honor those who served, is for everyone.
For more information about the event, call Post 7 at 332-2024.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
- World War II veteran Stephan Lewy to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- War hero Zamperini, inspiration for book and film 'Unbroken,' dead at 97 - 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
READER COMMENTS: 9
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 2
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's