In Rochester, an indoor tribute to veterans
Members of American Legion Post 7 plan to host the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute — which includes a 100-foot, double sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall – through Sunday inside their hall at 94 Eastern Ave.
The tribute – which is free and will open to the public throughout the day and night – also includes a display of gold "dog tags" depicting casualties since the Vietnam War, memorials for Sept. 11, 2001, and Fort Hood, information and photos about the Korean War, tributes for police and firefighters, artwork and documents.
"They may be more apt to relate to the names (on the memorials)," Talbot said, adding this presentation, which is meant to honor those who served, is for everyone.
For more information about the event, call Post 7 at 332-2024.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
- More calls made to learn about past winter's energy price spike - 1
- Wind energy company cited for Groton violations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
License revocations for DWI announced
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers