In Rochester, an indoor tribute to veterans
Members of American Legion Post 7 plan to host the Indoor Cost of Freedom Tribute — which includes a 100-foot, double sized replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall – through Sunday inside their hall at 94 Eastern Ave.
The tribute – which is free and will open to the public throughout the day and night – also includes a display of gold "dog tags" depicting casualties since the Vietnam War, memorials for Sept. 11, 2001, and Fort Hood, information and photos about the Korean War, tributes for police and firefighters, artwork and documents.
"They may be more apt to relate to the names (on the memorials)," Talbot said, adding this presentation, which is meant to honor those who served, is for everyone.
For more information about the event, call Post 7 at 332-2024.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Guard unit receives award for extraordinary service - 2
- 'NH National Guard Day' proclaimed by governor - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Pearl Harbor survivors remember attack - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass