Home » News » Public Safety
Ossipee barn destroyed in one-alarm fire
Center Ossipee Fire Chief Michael Brownell said the fire at 78 Moultonville Road was reported by multiple calls to 911 at 10:21 p.m.
Brownell said one challenge the fire presented was due to the barn’s close proximity to the road and firefighting equipment. Located just 12 or 15 feet from the road, firefighters came in close contact with the heat.
“The barn is basically a total loss. What was important is that the house that could have caught fire, did not catch fire,” said Brownell.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by Brownell and members of the New Hampshire Fire Marshal’s Office.
Brownell and inspectors spent time at the fire scene on Thursday.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- Conway is heartened by word of her letter - 0
- Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger - 6
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 1
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072