Oh, oh: Orgasm presentation at UNH causes a stir
"It's going to be a very educational event," said UNH senior Danielle Koppel, the organizational financial officer who voted to fund the event. "The way she hosts her lectures, it talks to students in a way that they want to hear, that they identify with."
But others don't believe an event such as tonight's lecture should be paid for with student activity fees.
"I don't see what the educational value is to a lecture or series of lectures like this at all," said Ashley Pratte, executive director of Cornerstone Action, a conservative advocacy organization.
Moore said he can't figure out how the orgasm lecture and a recent student group bringing in current or former prostitutes and strippers for a student forum, titled "Sex Workers Rights are Human Rights," helps in the university's rebranding campaign, which involves spending around $100,000 in private donations.
A university spokesman didn't respond to e-mail and phone inquiries seeking comment from the administration.
The free event, hosted by the Memorial Union Student Organization, starts at 6:30 p.m. in the Granite State Room.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 4
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses