Oh, oh: Orgasm presentation at UNH causes a stir
"It's going to be a very educational event," said UNH senior Danielle Koppel, the organizational financial officer who voted to fund the event. "The way she hosts her lectures, it talks to students in a way that they want to hear, that they identify with."
But others don't believe an event such as tonight's lecture should be paid for with student activity fees.
"I don't see what the educational value is to a lecture or series of lectures like this at all," said Ashley Pratte, executive director of Cornerstone Action, a conservative advocacy organization.
Moore said he can't figure out how the orgasm lecture and a recent student group bringing in current or former prostitutes and strippers for a student forum, titled "Sex Workers Rights are Human Rights," helps in the university's rebranding campaign, which involves spending around $100,000 in private donations.
A university spokesman didn't respond to e-mail and phone inquiries seeking comment from the administration.
The free event, hosted by the Memorial Union Student Organization, starts at 6:30 p.m. in the Granite State Room.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utilities plan $3 billion natural gas pipeline - 1
- Alternative energy vehicles rule Mount Washington Auto road - 0
- Natural gas pipeline still holds promise for Groveton - 1
- Bird causes Concord-area power outage Monday - 0
- Swanzey solar array should be completed by end of 2014 - 1
- New Londonderry transmission line project will add 60 more utility poles - 0
- 'Northern Trespass' film to be screened in Nashua on Thursday night - 0
- Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem