Oh, oh: Orgasm presentation at UNH causes a stir
"It's going to be a very educational event," said UNH senior Danielle Koppel, the organizational financial officer who voted to fund the event. "The way she hosts her lectures, it talks to students in a way that they want to hear, that they identify with."
But others don't believe an event such as tonight's lecture should be paid for with student activity fees.
"I don't see what the educational value is to a lecture or series of lectures like this at all," said Ashley Pratte, executive director of Cornerstone Action, a conservative advocacy organization.
Moore said he can't figure out how the orgasm lecture and a recent student group bringing in current or former prostitutes and strippers for a student forum, titled "Sex Workers Rights are Human Rights," helps in the university's rebranding campaign, which involves spending around $100,000 in private donations.
A university spokesman didn't respond to e-mail and phone inquiries seeking comment from the administration.
The free event, hosted by the Memorial Union Student Organization, starts at 6:30 p.m. in the Granite State Room.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
LNG plant put 'on hold'