Oh, oh: Orgasm presentation at UNH causes a stir
"It's going to be a very educational event," said UNH senior Danielle Koppel, the organizational financial officer who voted to fund the event. "The way she hosts her lectures, it talks to students in a way that they want to hear, that they identify with."
But others don't believe an event such as tonight's lecture should be paid for with student activity fees.
"I don't see what the educational value is to a lecture or series of lectures like this at all," said Ashley Pratte, executive director of Cornerstone Action, a conservative advocacy organization.
Moore said he can't figure out how the orgasm lecture and a recent student group bringing in current or former prostitutes and strippers for a student forum, titled "Sex Workers Rights are Human Rights," helps in the university's rebranding campaign, which involves spending around $100,000 in private donations.
A university spokesman didn't respond to e-mail and phone inquiries seeking comment from the administration.
The free event, hosted by the Memorial Union Student Organization, starts at 6:30 p.m. in the Granite State Room.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal