UNH Republicans hear about debts they’ll have to cover
With the nation drowning in debt, Gault fears for his generation and the financial burden that lies ahead.
“I’ve got bad news for you. Your parents and grandparents just threw a heck of a party and you guys came home and there was a keg tipped over on the floor, beer everywhere. Someone tore down the shades and the TV is busted and you guys are going to have to clean it up,” Moore told the students.
“That’s going to be a huge issue and a huge drag on the economy, and that’s one of the reasons why we actively advocate for limited spending. We need to get our spending under control to make sure we have a growing economy because that’s the fastest way to pay off debt,” Moore said.
“We need to encourage people like you to understand and talk about it because we are losing,” he said.Senior Phil Boynton, president of the UNH College Republicans, said his goal has been to bring in people to share different opinions and viewpoints on the direction of the Republican Party.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- George Will: In Georgia, a capitalist struggles - 2
- Jonah Goldberg -- Cure for gridlock: Take hard votes - 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- Hassan says helping veterans remains a priority - 0
- Lyndeborough settles suit with former police officers - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer