UNH Republicans hear about debts they’ll have to cover
With the nation drowning in debt, Gault fears for his generation and the financial burden that lies ahead.
“I’ve got bad news for you. Your parents and grandparents just threw a heck of a party and you guys came home and there was a keg tipped over on the floor, beer everywhere. Someone tore down the shades and the TV is busted and you guys are going to have to clean it up,” Moore told the students.
“That’s going to be a huge issue and a huge drag on the economy, and that’s one of the reasons why we actively advocate for limited spending. We need to get our spending under control to make sure we have a growing economy because that’s the fastest way to pay off debt,” Moore said.
“We need to encourage people like you to understand and talk about it because we are losing,” he said.Senior Phil Boynton, president of the UNH College Republicans, said his goal has been to bring in people to share different opinions and viewpoints on the direction of the Republican Party.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief