Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Vandals cause $3,000 in damage to Valley Cemetery tombstones
MANCHESTER — Vandals toppled 15 grave markers, some marble and others granite, overnight Tuesday at the historic Valley Cemetery.
Police said the damage was discovered Wednesday morning in the Victorian cemetery. Most of the damage occurred to headstones located in an area just inside the main entrance on Pine Street.
City Parks and Recreation officials estimate it will cost about $3,000 to repair the grave markers.
Anyone with information about the vandalism is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief charged in wife's assault - 2
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 5
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 2
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 11
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 2
- Jarrett M. Cote - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917