Exeter girls blank Bedford, stay unbeaten in soccer
To a player, coach and even an AD, it seems no one in Blue Hawks country knows exactly how many consecutive games the girls’ soccer team has won.
Take note, Exeter fans. Your 8-0 team has won 32 straight games and is ranked No. 1 in the weekly Region 1 National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll.
Estey, a junior who scored twice, echoed her coaches’ thoughts about the impressive winning streak. “We don’t think about it until someone brings it up.” As for Vogt, she said remaining on an even keel is the right way to handle a long winning streak.
Bedford entered the contest 7-0-1 in Division I but it didn’t take the Bulldogs long see first-hand why Exeter is tough to beat.
“Compared to last year, I thought Bedford played with more confidence today,” said Estey. “But when Anna scored to give us a two-goal lead, we could see their (Bedford’s) heads drop.” Exeter has scored 33 goals and, with six shutout wins, has allowed only four goals this season.
The game is on grass, which should be an advantage for Pinkerton. But Estey noted “we practice on grass. So it’s not like we don’t know how to play on it. We’ll be fine.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child