Home » News » Public Safety
Gun-related incidents at Kingston, North Hampton schools put police, administrators on alert
In North Hampton, police launched an investigation after parents and officials from the North Hampton School reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
The information came from third parties, but Page said he believes it was a credible threat.
Meanwhile, State Police and Kingston police on Tuesday continued their investigation into an incident at Sanborn Regional High School in which a former student was arrested and charged with criminal threatening.
Police responded to the high school after receiving a report that a man, later identified as Soucy, had allegedly flashed a gun and threatened other individuals in the parking lot.
Police are still investigating to determine whether Soucy had a gun as reported.
Blake said he was pleased with the way the administration, students, and faculty handled the situation.
The first police cruiser arrived within 40 seconds of the call being placed, Blake said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'