Home » News » Public Safety
Gun-related incidents at Kingston, North Hampton schools put police, administrators on alert
In North Hampton, police launched an investigation after parents and officials from the North Hampton School reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
The information came from third parties, but Page said he believes it was a credible threat.
Meanwhile, State Police and Kingston police on Tuesday continued their investigation into an incident at Sanborn Regional High School in which a former student was arrested and charged with criminal threatening.
Police responded to the high school after receiving a report that a man, later identified as Soucy, had allegedly flashed a gun and threatened other individuals in the parking lot.
Police are still investigating to determine whether Soucy had a gun as reported.
Blake said he was pleased with the way the administration, students, and faculty handled the situation.
The first police cruiser arrived within 40 seconds of the call being placed, Blake said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH